Thursday, January 2, 2014

Day Two, Take 36.

Wow, what an eventful day. Wyeth spent the night at Tam's so I took Lenora to school with me. She did quite well for about two hours and only started complaining right when my computer went completely wonky with grades. On the plus side, I was only an hour late turning them in.

Tam and I communicated poorly and she ended up dropping Wyeth off at the house instead of school like I thought she would do. Lenora had brought the phone with her, so he was home without a means of calling me for a little over an hour. I brought Lenora back and headed back to work.

As I was halfway through lunch, my darling boy texted me that he couldn't breathe. Several conversations later, he called me panicking and barely able to talk. I bailed on the work day, with permission of course ;) and raced home just in time to greet the housecleaner who had come over expressly to help Wyeth sort his room.

In the car on the way to Christiansburg to get the boy doctorized, he told me that he couldn't breathe and actually grabbed his throat with the choking gesture. I panicked a little. He wasn't blue, but he was really scaring me. We ended up at our local doctor's office after I called to ask if we could be seen. They rushed him straight back and he and I both breathed more easily, figuratively speaking, after they measured his blood-ox levels and it was 94%. Poor Wyeth was still wheezing.

Two hours, one xray, and a nebulizer treatment later and we were in the pharmacy spending $94 on an albuterol inhaler, a steroid inhaler, and a spacer for both. Yes, that was with insurance.

On the plus side, I got more chill out time than I anticipated tonight. On the downside, I'm going to have to work this weekend probably to be ready for my classes on Monday. At least my baby boy is okay, if snotty.

No comments:

Post a Comment